Child Relocation Attorney - Tom Shea

Lake Charles, LA

Relocating with a Child during a divorce.

When a parent wishes to relocate with his or her child to a location far away from the other parent, there can be numerous legal issues that must be resolved first. For example, in the state of Louisiana, the parent with custody of the children cannot move them out of the state without the consent of either the other parent or the court. The other parent also must be given ample notice about the relocation.

For these reasons – and many more – you need an experienced family law attorney like Tom Shea if you are involved in a child relocation dispute. If you have custody of your children and wish to move, you need to make sure that all of the legal issues are addressed. Conversely, if you don’t have primary custody and your former spouse wants to move your children far away, you may have the right to contest the relocation.

A relocation dispute can be a complex legal issue and a difficult and stressful experience. You can trust attorney Tom Shea to protect your rights and work hard to achieve the best outcome possible for you and your children.

Please contact us if you have questions or would like to discuss your case – and let the experienced professionals at Tom Shea Family Law handle your legal needs.

relocation attorney in lake charles louisiana - tom shea

Get Legal Assistance with Your Relocation Case.

Save time and Call Us Today for assistance with your divorce, custody agreement, spousal support, community property, or child support situation. Tom Shea Family Law is here to help!

Call (337) 564-4148

Your Legal Representation Starts Here.

14 + 7 =